GREENbike is hiring!
Accounting & Office Coordinator
Apply Now email@example.com
(Please attach resume and cover letter)
GREENbike is a small non-profit (7 full-time + 5 part-time employees) that serves as a mechanism for improving community health and air quality by riding a GREENbike instead of driving a car. This is a brand-new position with a young and ever-growing organization (AKA lots of room for growth). Your chief responsibility would be performing GREENbike’s accounting and office functions. In addition to being GREENbike’s only accountant, you’d be the primary contact for insurance, benefits and human resources. You’d make sure that all GREENbike’s public paperwork (tax returns, non-profit status, etc) is submitted on-time. And you’ll verify that all our sponsors and partners have filled out their contracts. Other duties may be assigned based on the workload. But if you want to be a part of something you can believe in and work in a new field with fun, engaged people, send us an application!
Pay: $19 per hour ($39,520 per year + benefits) Hours: Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Accounting: Responsible for all aspects of general accounting required of a small non-profit (7 full-time + 5 part-time employees) including invoicing/collections, accounts payable/receivable, bank deposits/monthly reconciliation, tracking asset depreciation and administering chargeback disputes.
Reporting: Create weekly reports comparing anticipated revenues/expenses against actual revenues/expenses. Additional reports to be created upon request or as time allows. Examples include tracking sales trends, comparing current revenue streams against prior performance, etc.
Office, Insurance & Benefits Coordination: Responsible for keeping GREENbike’s shared drive organized. Purchase office supplies as needed. Will be required to post job listings, schedule candidate interviews and catalog employee quality reviews. Will serve as the primary contact for insurance claims, payment processing and payroll administration.
Documentation Management & Services Renewal: Responsible for ensuring that tax returns and other public paperwork is properly submitted on time. Will verify that all GREENbike sponsors have a signed contract matching existing invoices. Will maintain a list of ongoing services that require annual renewals.
Other: Depending on the workload of this position, he/she may be asked to submit 5-10 annual grant applications (and corresponding mid-season reports), perform some minor executive assistant functions (scheduling, etc) and create membership fulfillments.
- Proficient in QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software
- Must be familiar with current accounting rules, protocols and procedures
Associates degree of higher preferred
- 1-5 years accounting experience required (non-profit experience preferred)
- HR benefits administration preferred
- 50% off Trek Bikes
- 60% off Bontrager Gear (shoes, jackets, hats, gloves, lights, bags and more!)
- Free VIP Twilight Concert Series Tickets
- Two weeks paid vacation + holidays (accrual equivalent)
- Partial cell phone reimbursement
- 401K with automatic employer contribution (after 1-year)
- Health Insurance: Employer pays 75% of monthly health insurance premium for the default plan + $115 per month for singles or $230 per month for families + access to group rate dental plan