GREENbike is Hiring!
Accounting & Office Manager - FULL TIME
GREENbike is a small non-profit that serves as a mechanism for improving community health and air quality. Your chief responsibility would be performing GREENbike’s accounting and office functions. In addition to being GREENbike’s only accountant, you’d be the primary contact for insurance, employee benefits and human resources. Other duties may be assigned based on the workload. The individual in this job would be on a track to become GREENbike’s first Chief Financial Officer.
- 50% off Trek bikes (That’s right. 50% off any Trek mountain, road or city bike!)
- 60% off Bontrager gear (shoes, jackets, hats, gloves, lights, bags and more!)
- Free VIP Twilight Concert Series tickets + Annual GREENbike Party at Squatters tickets
- Free Annual GREENbike Pass for you & your significant other
- Free UTA Bus/Rail Pass
- Dog friendly office
- Two weeks paid time off + 15 paid holidays per year (including your birthday)
- Partial cell phone reimbursement
- 401K with automatic employer contribution (after 1-year)
- Health Insurance: Employer pays 75% of monthly health insurance premium for the default plan + $115 per month for singles or $230 per month for families + access to group rate dental plan
- Accounting: Responsible for all aspects of general accounting required of a small non-profit including daily deposits into QuickBooks, accounts payable/receivable, bank account tracking & reconciliation, credit card tracking & reconciliation, tracking asset depreciation and administering chargeback disputes.
- Reporting: Create monthly reports comparing anticipated revenues/expenses against actual revenues/expenses (budget vs actuals). Additional reports to be created upon request or as time allows. Examples include tracking sales trends, comparing current revenue streams against prior performance, etc.
- Office, Insurance & Benefits Coordination: Record board of director’s meeting minutes and serve as the primary staffer for GREENbike’s Finance Committee. Will be required to post job listings, schedule candidate interviews and catalog employee quality reviews/manager reports. Will serve as the primary contact for property/liability insurance claims, insurance renewals, payroll administration, employee insurance, employee retirement contributions and other human resource functions. Responsible for keeping GREENbike’s shared drive organized.
- Documentation Management & Services Renewal: Responsible for ensuring that tax returns, non-profit status, audits and other public paperwork is properly submitted on time. Will verify that all GREENbike sponsors have a signed contract matching existing invoices. Will maintain a list of ongoing services that require annual renewals.
- Other: Depending on the workload of this position, he/she may be asked to submit 5-10 annual foundation grant applications (and corresponding mid-season reports), perform some minor executive assistant functions (scheduling, etc) and help with GREENbike membership fulfillments.SKILLS:
Proficient in QuickBooks and must be familiar with current accounting rules, protocols and procedures (GAAP)
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize program needs within their job duties
- Ability to work positively and professionally in a variety of circumstances
- Creative, motivated and positive personality with the ability to follow directionsEXPERIENCE:
1-5 years accounting experience required (non-profit experience preferred)
- HR and benefits administration experience preferred
Send Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com
Download Job Description: Accounting & Office Manager_August 2019